Thursday, October 20, 2011

Research on Information Counter

First, I am asking myself a question about whether I know and understand what is Information kiosk or counter meant by? Roughly, what I know about Information counter is if I got lost in the shopping mall, looking for the shop which I want to visit, or other problems or question, Information kiosk or counter is the one that I looking for.

Here is the Information counter which I snapped at Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur.
front view

25° clockwise from the origin

45° clockwise from the origin

70° clockwise from the origin

180° clockwise from the origin (back view)

205° clockwise from the origin

The design of this information kiosk is in a round shape. Obviously, the wallpaper on the counter is promoting about the coming of Deepavali, so this means that the design concept is based on the culture in Malaysia which celebrating their New Year. Then, the next celebration would be Christmas Day! When I first saw the design, it attract me because it is in yellow, a very clear and sharp color indeed. The shops which surrounded the counter are in plain color like black, white and gray. Therefore, I can easily found out the information Counter when I was looking for it. The color show contrast between its and the shops' color which surrounded. It was attractive. the information counter located in front of one of the entrances in Pavilion. Peoples may easily find out where did they want to shop when they have arrived at the shopping mall. This make the visitors more convenience.


Next, there is another Information Counter I would like to share which I have took it at Fahrenheit88 at Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur.
side view

front view

front view

side view

These was an interesting design counter. It totally different with the one in Pavilion. It likes an eight number which is in half, or two semicircles combined, one is bigger and another one is smaller. Besides, it has a beautiful blue lights which surrounded the counter. It was so special. There was not much design of this counter, it mostly play on the shape and lighting effect. And this have enough to show out the personality of the counter. It looks grand and so high class. But, the black color made it a bit dull and too dark. Some-more, the workers were also in black too. This made peoples look so uncomfortable. Its too dark actually. I suggested the black color of the counter change it to white. Then, it will show the contrast between the blue lighting and the uniform of the workers.


No comments:

Post a Comment